Welcome to Kayobe’s documentation!¶
Deployment of Scientific OpenStack using OpenStack kolla.
Kayobe is an open source tool for automating deployment of Scientific OpenStack onto a set of bare metal servers. Kayobe is composed of Ansible playbooks, a python module, and makes heavy use of the OpenStack kolla project. Kayobe aims to complement the kolla-ansible project, providing an opinionated yet highly configurable OpenStack deployment and automation of many operational procedures.
- Documentation: https://kayobe.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Source: https://github.com/stackhpc/kayobe
- Bugs: https://github.com/stackhpc/kayobe/issues
- Heavily automated using Ansible
- kayobe Command Line Interface (CLI) for cloud operators
- Deployment of a seed VM used to manage the OpenStack control plane
- Configuration of physical network infrastructure
- Discovery, introspection and provisioning of control plane hardware using OpenStack bifrost
- Deployment of an OpenStack control plane using OpenStack kolla-ansible
- Discovery, introspection and provisioning of bare metal compute hosts using OpenStack ironic and ironic inspector
- Containerised workloads on bare metal using OpenStack magnum
- Big data on bare metal using OpenStack sahara
In the near future we aim to add support for the following:
Kayobe and its documentation is currently under heavy development, and therefore may be incomplete or out of date. If in doubt, contact the project’s maintainers.